Recipe by BecR
Old-fashioned garlic bread (with a twist) that is baked in the oven. From "It's All American Food" by David Rosengarten.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread on a slight diagonal into 12 slices that are each about 1 inch thick; ideally, the slices should be about 3 inches wide.
- Place slices on a baking pan. Break surface of each slice with the tip of a spoon in a few spots.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons of the olive oil over each slice.
- Top each slice with a heaping 1/2 tablespoon of the garlic.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons more of the olive oil eveny over each slice.
- Let bread rest, covered, for 1 to 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- When oven is hot, place baking pan in oven, uncovered.
- Let bread heat until it is warmed through and crunchy around the edges, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- If you like the bread to be browned on top, pass it for a moment under a hot broiler.
- Serve immediately. Note: Prep time does not include rest time.