Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is soo good.Serve with a tossed green salad and pass crushed red pepper for those who like to add a little heat.
- 1 lb thin spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- 2 lbs shrimp, shells removed
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 ounces butter
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Roast pine nuts until lightly brown, reserve.
- Saute the mushrooms in the butter until well browned. Add the garlic and chopped tomatoes and cook for a furthur 2 minutes Add the prawns, season to taste and cook until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta, drain. Mix the pesto sauce into the pasta and place on a serving dish, sprinkle with the pine nuts and half the cheese. Place shrimp mixture on top and then the remaining cheese.