Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not yet tried but stored here for safe keeping! From my well quoted Falling Cloudberries cookbook by Tessa Kiros. Looks fab...
- 2 kg large raw shrimp
- 200 g butter
- 10 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 45 g chopped parsley
- peri-peri, spice (just less than 1tsp) or chili powder (just less than 1tsp)
- 4 lemons, juice of
- 400 g feta cheese
- Clean the prawns and cut a slit down the back from the bottom of the head to the beginning of the tail. Remove the dark vein, rinse under running water and drain well.
- Dot about 80g of the butter over the base of a large cast iron casserole dish.
- Arrange a single layer of prawns in the dish and season with salt.
- Scatter over approximately 1/3 of the garlic and parsley over the top, and sprinkle with a little peri peri / chilli powder.
- Dot about half the butter over the top of the first layer or prawns and arrange a second layer on top.
- Scatter with garlic, parsely and peri peri / chilli powder.
- Repeat for a third layer, using the remaining of the ingredients.
- Put the casserole dish lid on and cook over a medium-high heat for approximately 10 mins until the prawns have brightened and their flesh is white.
- Add the lemon juice and crumble the feta cheese over the top.
- Rock the dish from side to side to spread the sauce about.
- Cover the casserole dish again and cook for a further 10mins or until the feta has melted, shaking the pan again to mix the juices up.
- Serve immediately (you'll need finger bowls!).