Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My grandmother was from Italy and she used to make this dish every summer. Always looking for the freshest ingredients. Mmm...good memories...
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fava beans, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 4 artichoke bottoms, cooked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper (or to taste)
- Blanch fava beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. Transfer to ice water to cool, then peel (skin should slip of easily).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Add prawns, tomatoes, tarragon, parsley and wine. Cook until prawns turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add artichokes and fava beans during the last 2 minutes to heat through.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice or pasta.
This is great. A wonderful springtime dinner. So many fresh ingredients. I followed the recipe exactly. Would not change a thing! Served this over fettucine. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.