Recipe by MsPia
My grandmother was from Italy and she used to make this dish every summer. Always looking for the freshest ingredients. Mmm...good memories...
Top Review by susie cooks
This is great. A wonderful springtime dinner. So many fresh ingredients. I followed the recipe exactly. Would not change a thing! Served this over fettucine. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fava beans, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 4 artichoke bottoms, cooked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch fava beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. Transfer to ice water to cool, then peel (skin should slip of easily).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Add prawns, tomatoes, tarragon, parsley and wine. Cook until prawns turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add artichokes and fava beans during the last 2 minutes to heat through.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice or pasta.