Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Dukkah adds a Middle Eastern flavour to this traditional Aussie treat. Recipe by Tracy Rutherford
- 1⁄4 cup pistachios
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- salt and black pepper
- 1 3⁄4 lbs peeled cooked prawns or 1 3⁄4 lbs large cooked shrimp, tails intact
- lime wedge, to serve
For the Chilli mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 -2 small red fresh chili pepper, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the pistachios on a baking tray, and bake for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Place in a clean tea towel and rub to remove the skins. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the sesame seeds, coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a frying pan and heat over medium heat for 3 minutes or until aromatic. Remove from heat and set allow to cool.
- Pulse pistachios and sesame seeds mixture in the bowl of a food processor until coarsely chopped. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the chilli mayo, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and chilli in a small bowl.
- Arrange the prawns on a serving platter. Serve with the chilli mayo, dukkah and lime wedges.