Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great dish to make in minutes.
Make and share this Prawns with Chilli and Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat a grill to moderate high.
- Place the prawns, bay leaves, chillies and garlic in one large or two medium sized oven proof serving dishes.
- Pour the olive oil over the prawns and add a little salt and pepper.
- Place the dish or dishes under the preheated grill.
- Cook the prawns until they are pink and cooked through 3-5 minutes.
- Remove them from under the grill and serve.
I used maybe a 1/4 cup of olive oil. Smashed the garlic (about 5 or 7 cloves) in the mortar and pestle with a dried chilie from my garden. Great flavor. GREAT LUNCH!
I like the flavor from the bay leaves, very subtle but definately adds to the overall taste. I used dried hot pepper flakes (1 tsp) and fried the prawns instead of grilling I always feel I have more control over the cooking time so the prawns come out ready to explode when you bite into them Cut the oil in half. We enjoyed our dinner I can assure you Thanks Poppy for a keeper