Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Prawns and artichokes together is almost to good for words. Feel free to sub scallops for the prawns if you wish. Serve with a salad and hot bread.
- 2 lbs fresh prawns, thawed if frozen prawns-peeled,deveined and rinsed
- 2 lemons
- 1 (14 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh snipped tarragon
- salt and pepper
- Place cleaned prawns in a large bowl and sprinkle with the juice of 1 lemon.
- Set aside.
- Cut artichoke hearts into quarters and set aside.
- Melt butter and oil together in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add prawns and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, turn over and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add artichoke hearts, shallots and wine to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the prawns, toss and cook for 3 minutes more, or until JUST done.
- Remove from heat and place on a serving platter or individual plates.
- Sprinkle with tarragon, salt, pepper and serve.
This is a really nice recipe. You cannot go wrong with these ingredients. I served it with a salad and french bread. I think next time I will serve it over rice.