Recipe by gailanng
I just can't call a shrimp a prawn, sooooooo here's a recipe for Shrimp 'N' Polenta from cookbook: “Try This At Home: Recipes from My Head to Your Plate” by Richard Blais. Take into consideration marinate time required.
- 12 head-on jumbo shrimp
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (plus more for garnish if desired)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, finely diced
- 1 large shrimp, shelled, deveined and finely minced
- 2 anchovies, mashed or 1⁄2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the Polenta
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white truffle oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the 12 shrimp in a bowl or large resealable plastic bag, add the oil, garlic, parsley, sage, rosemary, lemon zest, salt, and pepper, and mix until well coated.
- Cover, or seal the bag, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and up to 2 hours.
- For The Sauce: Meanwhile, to make the sauce: Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until just crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the minced prawn, anchovies, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring to break up the prawn, until the anchovies are dissolved,2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sauce is very thick, about 20 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary. Keep warm over very low heat until ready to serve.
- To Make Polenta: Bring the milk, stock, and salt to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisking constantly, slowly pour in the polenta in a slow, steady stream, then whisk until very smooth. Cook, whisking, until the polenta begins to bubble and get very thick, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the butter and truffle oil, if using. Taste for seasoning and add salt if necessary. Cover to keep warm.
- To cook the Shimp: Heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade, shaking off the excess oil, and grill, turning once, until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- To serve, divide the polenta among four large plates. Place 3 shrimp on the polenta on each plate, and drizzle the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the chopped herbs and serve immediately.