Recipe by Lyle Barker
This dish is an adaptation from a Restaurant I worked in in Byron Bay, Australia. Very Yummy and easy. It is subtle yet has full flavor
- 1 lb prawns, peeled tails on
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 fluid ounce tequila
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate Prawns in Lime Juice in glass container for an hour or so.
- Heat pan.
- Add a Tbls Butter to pan.
- Heat to just before it smokes.
- Add Prawns and swirl quickly.
- Carefully add Tequila and let it flame off.
- Add cream, Cilantro and Spring onion.
- Reduce till thick About a minute or two.
- Serve with Cooked Rice that has been molded in a ramikin.
- Place prawns around the rice and pour sauce over.