Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
only 10.7g total fat. 2.1g saturated fat 400g skinless chicken fillet could be substituted.
- 12 large raw prawns
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped
- 2 red chilies or 2 green chilies, fresh sliced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, shredded
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut essence
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Remove shells from prawns, leaving tails and heads intact. Remove waste veins and slits prawns down the underside form the head to the tail.
- Chop onion finely and fry in oil until soft. Add lemongrass, sliced chilies and ginger and saute for 2min, then add soy sauce with combined evaporated milk and coconut essence. Add tomatoes to the pan with a little water. Cook on low heat until tomato soft and sauce well flavoured.
- Add prawns and simmer for about 5 minutes until tender. Season with pepper.
- Serve with steamed rice and green salad.
super super dish. And what a great way to get all the flavor of a fat filled coconut dish without the fat. Loved it