1/1 Photo of Prawns in Spiced Coconut Sauce
only 10.7g total fat. 2.1g saturated fat 400g skinless chicken fillet could be substituted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 large raw prawns
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped
- 2 red chilies or 2 green chilies, fresh sliced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, shredded
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut essence
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Remove shells from prawns, leaving tails and heads intact. Remove waste veins and slits prawns down the underside form the head to the tail.
- 2Chop onion finely and fry in oil until soft. Add lemongrass, sliced chilies and ginger and saute for 2min, then add soy sauce with combined evaporated milk and coconut essence. Add tomatoes to the pan with a little water. Cook on low heat until tomato soft and sauce well flavoured.
- 3Add prawns and simmer for about 5 minutes until tender. Season with pepper.
- 4Serve with steamed rice and green salad.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawns in Spiced Coconut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 241.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat evaporated milk