Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 30 small onions, peeled
- 10 red fresh chili peppers
- 1 piece hard shrimp paste
- 5 stalks lemongrass
- 6 pieces blue gingerroot
- 1 piece turmeric, root
- 2 -3 pieces dried tamarind (assam skin)
- 0.5 (100 g) packet chili paste
- 1 medium pineapple, cut into cubes
- prawns, and or treadfin fish
- Grind everything together except assam skin to a fine paste.
- 1/3 of a small packet of asasam to be mixed in a pot of water then strained.
- Boil assam water, then add ground ingredients with assam skin.
- Boil on slow fire for 45 minutes.
- Add prawns or fish 15 minutes before serving.