Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I had this at a local restaurant as a starter. Serve with Melba toast, crackers or chunks of fresh homemade bread.
- 1 (14 ounce) cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon French mustard
- 2 spring onions, chopped (scallions)
- 6 ounces cooked prawns
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the cream cheese, mustard, spring onions and prawns well together and press into 4 individual ovenproof dishes.
- Sprinkle liberally with grated Parmesan and pop in the oven for a few minutes.
A fabulously delicious and super-fast-to-prepare dish making this an absolute winner and a dish I look forward to serving to guests. I halved the mustard and added a tablespoon of minced garlic (personal taste preference), then added some rosemary and thyme to the chives. I also used low-fat cream cheese which was pefectly creamy enough. YUM! We enjoyed this with garlic bread and salad greens - and champagne. Thanks for sharing this recipe. made for Ali Baba's Babes for ZWT 5.
This was a quick, spur of the moment treat -- it's easy enough for that, and treat it was! This is extremely rich and delicious, used ingredients we had on hand, and went from frozen prawns to luscious hot appetizer in about 10 minutes; I dropped the frozen prawns in boiling water, turned my back long enough to cream together the other ingredients, and fished the prawns out of the boil one at a time to shell them. Enjoyed and appreciated! Made for Zaar World Tour 5.