Recipe by Brian Holley
SUPER finger food for your party. This popular dish will amazed your friends and family. A little work but so well worth it. The use of a sharp small boning knife will help make the job a lot easier.
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1 lb prawns, cooked
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin the chicken legs making sure to leave the meat intact.
- Using a small sharp knife, scape the flesh from the bone up toward the top of the leg. Pull the meat over the knuckle so as to form a cup ready for stuffing.
- Shell and devein the prawns. Chop prawns into small dice and mix with the cornstarch, sugar, salt and a grind of pepper.
- Stuff the cups of the meat with the prawn mixture.
- Combine the eggs and milk.
- Combine the breadcrumbs with the seseme seeds.
- Dip stuffed legs into the egg milk mix and then into the breadcrumbs, do this twice.
- Heat oil in deep pan at medium heat. place chicken iinto oil and cook till golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve with salad or rice.