Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted for ZWT 2006. This recipe comes from my Thai Cooking Class book. Haven't tried it yet, but looks like it will be QET ... Quick, Easy and Tasty
- 1 garlic clove, finely chpped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 coriander root, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 16 large green prawns (uncooked, shrimp)
- 16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water to avoid charring
- 1 cup satay sauce (http -- or /www.recipezaar.com/173813)
- Prepare Marinade: In bowl combine chopped garlic, turmeric, coriander root, salt, sugar and oil.
- Add prawns, ensuring that they are completely covered.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- To prepare skewers:
- Thread prawns (shrimp) onto satay skewers using one prawn per skewer. Grill or BBQ over high heat until pink, about 2 minutes each side.
- Serve with Satay Sauce.
WOW. these were fabulous. I used my favorite satay dipping sauce, and the shrimp were fantastic. The only question i have is how does this make 4 servings :) unless using gigantic colossal shrimp. I ate them all without scaling the recipe down. Nice to use the root of the coriander as well, instead of throwing it out
There were great! I didn't have any prawns anywhere near large enough to use one per skewer (would need more marinade if I did for 16) so used 4 medium prawns per skewer. I used peanut oil and the turmeric gave them a terrific satay look before dipping.