From James Reeson Alive and Cooking. This looks to be a nice appertizer or even an entree. James Reason also made these as triangles in a later show, adding the instructions at the end of recipe but did not serve with the dipping sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g prawns (raw flesh)
- 2 eggs
- 150 g rice flour
- 6 spring onions (scallions, roughly chopped)
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- 100 g butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup chives (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons green olive tapenade
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Place the prawns into a blender and pulse and then add the chives and spring onions and give another quick pulse and then add the eggs and pulse again this time until smooth.
- 3Place the mousse into a mixing bowl, add the rice flour and stir through.
- 4Lay out a sheet of filo pastry, using a pastry brush, liberally coat the pastry with the melted butter and then place another filo sheet on top and brush with butter and then cut the buttered sheets in half.
- 5Spoon 1/3 of the prawn mix into the centre and smear over 1/2 of the sheet diagonally and roll up into a spring roll shape.
- 6Continue this process with the remaining sheets.
- 7Place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 200C for 15 minutes.
- 8Cut each one in half on a diagonal.
- 9Dipping sauce - mix the mayonnaise and the olive tapenade until blended.
- 10Serve with prawn mousse rolls.
- 11TO MAKE TRIANGLES - Lay out a sheet of filo pastry, using a pastry brush, liberally coat the pastry with the melted butter and then place another filo sheet on top and brush with butter.
- 12Cut the layered pastry into 10cm wide strips, place 1 heaped tablespoon of prawn mix on top and fold over to form a triangle, then continue folding in alternate directions until the mouse in encased (repeat this process until all your prawn mix and filo pastry is used).
- 13Bake as per the rolls.
Browse Our Top Food Processor/Blender Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Food Processor/Blender Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn (Shrimp) Mousse Rolls or Triangles
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.7
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 152.6 mg
- Sodium 541.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green olive tapenade