Recipe by Peter J
A fairly traditional Australian prawn cocktail recipe with the addition of some tomato and corn to garnish. It always tastes best if you use prawns just freshly cooked but then cooled in the fridge a while.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
WHAT a amazing recipe! OH my. My DH took this to lunch yesterday (at work) and people were drooling all over it. (thankfully he was able to wipe the drool away) I followed this exactly, and the taste was so comforting, and good for the soul. Love, love, love the sauce! Added some green onion bits on the salad overall and used fresh corn kernels as suggested. Made for Aussie Swap 2012
- 16 medium prawns, shelled, deveined and cooked (shrimp)
- 118.29 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 0.19 ml Tabasco sauce
- 4 small lettuce leaves
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 19.71 ml corn kernels
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, tomato sauce and pepper and mix well.
- Add a few drops of tabasco sauce, stir and taste, adding more tabasco to taste.
- Add prawns to the bowl and blend through lightly.
- Place lettuce leaves in bottom of 4 martini glasses and top with prawn mixture (4 prawns per serve).
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and corn kernels.
- Serve chilled.