Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Australian Table magazine. You can substitute 400g white fish for half the prawns if you want to. This will serve 2 as a main or 4 as an appetiser.
- 1 1⁄2 kg raw prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cm fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only,finely chopped
- 1 small red chile, finely chopped
- baby rocket, to serve
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 small red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Place prawns, coriander leaves, kaffir lime leaves, garlic, ginger lemon grass and chilli in a small food processor.
- Process until well combined.
- Using wet hands, form into 12 patties.
- Place 5cm water in large wok on high and bring to the boil.
- Line 2 bamboo steamer baskets (30cm) with non-stick baking powder.
- Divide prawn cakes between prepared baskets, cover with steamer lid and place over water in wok.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and steam for 5 minutes.
- Swap baskets around and steam a further 5 minutes.
- Check water level adding more if necessary, then steam a further 5 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Serve the warm prawn cakes and baby rocket leaves.