Recipe by I'mPat
A promotional recipe from Moro Oils.
Top Review by IngridH
A very nice dish! I love the strong Thai flavor- fish sauce and lime juice are some of my favorite Asian ingredients, and they are not shy in this dish. They are a perfect match for the sweet shrimp and crunchy snow peas. I'd like to see a bit of heat in this, next time I'd add a pinch of pepper flakes with the ginger and garlic. A great dish, easy enough for a weeknight, but classy enough to serve to company.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (extra light)
- 450 g hokkien noodles (fresh)
- 3 teaspoons ginger (grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 carrot (large cut into matchstick strips)
- 500 g prawns (green or raw peeled deveined)
- 200 g snow peas (trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves (fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Steep hokkien noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes, separate and drain.
- Heat extra light olive oil in a wok or large non-stick frypan and stir fry ginger, garlic and carrot strips for 1 minute and then add prawns and stir fry until just starting to turn pink and then add snowpeas, juice, fish sauce and sugar and stir fry until snow peas are tender and then add noodles and stir fry until heated through and then stir in coriander and serve immediately.