Recipe by JustJanS
The original recipe used dill sprigs, but I felt coriander was better with avocado. There are 4 teaspoons in an Aussie tablespoon.
Top Review by sams1
What a lovely way to serve prawns as an appetiser! Made a couple of minor changes - mainly to do with what I had on hand. No pickled ginger so subbed pickled onion and cucumber and used dill. I will be making these again - these looked fantastic - tastes fantastic - were easy to make.
Thank you for a keeper
- 1 large cucumber, continental burpless
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 24 medium cooked prawns, peeled but tail in tact (shrimp)
- 1 tablespoon sliced pickled ginger
- fresh coriander sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash avocado with lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Trim ends off cucumber and slice into 24 even rounds.
- Spread each round with a little avocado then top with a prawn (sit it up decoratively!).
- Place a small slice of pickled ginger in the middle and garnish with a leaf or two of coriander.