Prep 2 hrs
Cook 2 hrs 5 mins
- 907.18 g jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 236.59 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml chopped parsley, fresh
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 29.58 ml hot sauce
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in large Ziploc bag.
- Marinade at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Thread shrimp onto bamboo skewers (allow skewers to soak in water for 1 hour prior to using).
- Grill shrimp over medium-low flame for 5 minutes on each side, basting frequently with left over marinade.
Enjoyed these very much,especially the heat of the hot sauce! I used 1 lb. prawns, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp hot sauce, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper, and subbed chili sauce for the tomato paste (kept everything else as is). Used no salt, but rather added fresh ground sea salt at the table over all the prawns and rice. Mmm-mmm-mmm! And how much easier can it be to prepare, given the time earlier in the day to start the marinading. I'm glad I tried this recipe.
Fabulous! Thanks to Chef Kate for pointing this one out in Recipe Request. For 2 people I made half the recipe; there were 30-40 mph winds the day I had this recipe planned so I 86'd the grill idea and broiled the shrimp instead. I used half of the listed hot sauce (for hubby's tender taste buds) and a few less tablespoons of olive oil since I wasn't grilling. What flavor! This is incredibly good. I served over rice with some curried corn cakes. Great recipe!
Oh my this was good--tender shrimp, wonderful sauce (left from the marinade plus what the shrimp on the grill threw off). I can't believe that this recipe was here for 3 1/2 years before anyine reviewed it.it--