Top Review by woodland hues
Enjoyed these very much,especially the heat of the hot sauce! I used 1 lb. prawns, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp hot sauce, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper, and subbed chili sauce for the tomato paste (kept everything else as is). Used no salt, but rather added fresh ground sea salt at the table over all the prawns and rice. Mmm-mmm-mmm! And how much easier can it be to prepare, given the time earlier in the day to start the marinading. I'm glad I tried this recipe.
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in large Ziploc bag.
- Marinade at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Thread shrimp onto bamboo skewers (allow skewers to soak in water for 1 hour prior to using).
- Grill shrimp over medium-low flame for 5 minutes on each side, basting frequently with left over marinade.