Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Very tasty dish if I do say so myself. It goes well with a green salad and crusty bread. It is handy because you can do it ahead or have it in your freezer. With a mixture of prawns & scallops how can you go wrong? It is quick & easy. You can make this casserole a day before, refrigerate it or freeze it then do the baking just before your dinner party or luncheon.
- 24 good sized prawns, cleaned,deveined,steamed and cut in three pieces
- 24 bay scallops, steamed and cut in two
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 1⁄2 large jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mushroom
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup grated cheese (Cheddar, Parmesan or your favorite)
- 1⁄2 cup medium breadcrumbs
- 6 cups cooked noodles
- Cook the noodles drain& set aside.
- In a frypan saute the garlic,mushrooms& onions until just soft.
- Mix all the ingredients (except Cheese& bread crumbs).
- Gently mix in the noodles.
- Put in buttered oven proof dish.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese and crumbs on top and return to oven until the cheese is bubbly.
i liked it better the second time when i omitted the jalopenos . alittle to spicey for my family with them but without they loved it
I added white wine and sweet vermouth to step 3. And for the crumb topping I made it from crushed ritz crackers and melted butter. It gave it kind of a newburg flavor.