Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
This is a seafood version of the popular Chinese appetizer of minced pork and vegetables wrapped in lettuce leaves. I also do a vegetarian version which I will post when I find that recipe.
Top Review by jessschafer
This is so tasty! I'm not a fan of pork and this is the perfect alternative. I've made it a few times but I add a little fish sause, ketchap manis and soya - depending what I feel like. Just adds a little more flavour!
- 750 g prawns, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions (green onions)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 115 g water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped red chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander root, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 6 leaves iceberg lettuce, shaped into cups
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat sesame and olive oil in wok over medium heat.
- Add spring onions, garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute.
- Turn heat to high and add prawn meat, water chestnuts, chile, coriander root, coriander leaves and black pepper and stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season to taste and add lime juice.
- To serve: with a slotted spoon scoop mixture into lettuce-leaf cups and serve.