Recipe by Kim Ong
This is one of the easiest way to prepare sambal prawn in Singapore. Try it! Remember not to overcooked the prawns.
Top Review by Romi224
This recipe is fast, easy to make and tastes great. I omitted the oil (not necessary with coconut milk) and shallots. Also, I added a chopped tomato and some green onions. Finally I adjusted the sugar and salt levels to my taste. My family loved it. Thanks!
- 100 g small shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 6 shallots
- 1 clove garlic, pounded with shallots (use a mortar, can also use blender)
- 1 teaspoon sambal chili paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 100 ml coconut milk (from 50g grated coconut)
- 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp
- 1⁄4 cup water, mixed with tamarind
- 1 teaspoon msg or 1 teaspoon sugar