Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice, light seafood and rice salad that's wonderful for lunch or dinner during hot summer days!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked large shrimp or 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp
- 2 mangoes, peeled,cored,and cubed
- 2 avocados, peeled,cored,and cubed
- 4 cups cooked thai rice
- 8 leaves butter lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Shell and de-vein the prawns, leaving tails intact.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Place prawns, mango, and avocado in a bowl and toss with dressing.
- Arrange lettuce leaves and cooked rice attractively on serving platter, then top with the prawn mixture; drizzle dressing over all.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings.
- Make sure to use fully-ripe mangos and avocados in this recipe.