Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Recipes of Asia for Laos. This recipe can also be made with squid or scallops, or any combination of prawns, squid and scallops. If using squid, use only the body tube. Slit the body and press flat, score diagonally, and cut into 2 inch squares.
- 1 lb prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, chop coarse
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime leaves, chop coarse
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chop coarse
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chop fine
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chop fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf
- Bring water to a boil and add lemon grass, lime leaves and coriander. Boil for five minutes.
- Drop in prawns and cook 1 minute. Remove and rinse under cold water.
- Combine lime juice, palm sugar, garlic, ginger and black pepper in a bowl. Mix to dissolve sugar.
- Pour dressing over prawns and toss to coat. Add green onions and mint leaves, toss to mix.
This made a quick and tasty appetizer. I could do without the mint, but other than that enjoyed the flavors. Made for ZWT 9