Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A beautiful creamy sauce with vegetables and prawns served over the Rigatoni pasta. Rigatoni is a short, large tube pasta which suits this saucy meal, however any pasta shape could be used.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces young asparagus
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 4 ounces soft cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 5 fluid ounces single cream (pouring)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- 4 ounces peas
- 4 ounces cooked peeled prawns
- 2 ounces pine nuts, toasted
- In a pan, heat the oil and add the onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Fry gently until the onion is softened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cut the asparagus into 2in.
- pieces and cook for a minute in boiling salted water, drain and rinse in cold water, put on one side until needed.
- Cook the pasta until tender and drain well.
- In a bowl, mix together the cheese, lemon juice, mustard and cream.
- Season to taste and add to the pan with the onion mixture.
- Add the herbs, peas, prawns and asparagus.
- Heat this mixure thoroughly without letting it boil and remove from heat.
- Put the pasta in a serving dish and spoon the mixture over the pasta and garnish with the pine nuts.