Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a traditional Indian dish. It can be used as the main course or as a first course.
Ingredients for masala
- 1 lb prawns
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 inch gingerroot, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dhania patta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 fluid ounces double cream
Ingredients for Puris
- 2 cups chapati flour
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- water, to mix
- For Masala: Fry Onion, ginger, garlic and chilli until soft.
- Add salt and dhania and fry for 1 minute.
- Add vinegar and prawns.
- Fry to reduce fluid to a thich consistency.
- Add cream and heat but don't allow to boil.
- For Puris: Mix all ingredients to make a hard dough.
- Knead well.
- Split into small balls and roll out to 6" diameter circles.
- Deep fry turning once.
- Serve masala poured over puris.
- An excellent starter.