Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the Femina Collections one source I use most often for party cooking!!!
- 24 wonton wrappers (or samosa patties)
- 24 spring onions, shoots
- oil (for deep frying)
For the filling
- 1 1⁄2 cups prawns, shelled and deveined and washed thoroughly (300 g.)
- 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 spring onions, chopped fine
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce (black if avlbl)
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (I don't use this)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (10 g)
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste (5g)
- 3 green chilies, chopped (you can tone this down if you so wish)
- Filling: Mix all ingredients together.
- Pouches: Make 24 portions of the filling mix and put one portion on each wonton wrap.
- Bring the four corners together and press together so that it resembles a pouch.
- Tie each one in a spring onions shoot and deep fry in a wok till done.
- (They should be golden and crisp) Serve with hot and sweet sauce.
- Hot and sweet sauce: Mix 1 kg sugar, 500 ml vinegar, 50 g red dry chillies crushed, and salt to taste and simmer over medium heat stirring continuosly till half the quantity.
- Cool and serve.