Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Didn't have much in the cupboards last night, so I flung this together. It turned out very tasty. Will definitely cook again. I like to keep the Parmesan quite chunky so that it melts a little, but still has texture.
- Bring a large pan of well-salted oil to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, put the olive oil, garlic and chilli in a saute pan and heat slowly until it just starts to sizzle. This ensures that the oil gets infused with the garlic and chilli flavour, rather than just burning.
- Add the wine to the pan and reduce the heat. Reduce slightly.
- In a separate pan, dry-fry the cured ham until crispy (or do it under the grill).
- Just before the pasta is ready, add the prawns to the garlic and chilli mix and stir until pink.
- Drain the linguine, reserving a little of the water and add the pasta to the prawn mix. Stir well to coat. If necessary, use a little of the pasta water.
- Turn off the heat and stir through the basil, Parmesan and ham.
- Season and serve immediately.