Snowbunny Andorra's Note:
Didn't have much in the cupboards last night, so I flung this together. It turned out very tasty. Will definitely cook again. I like to keep the Parmesan quite chunky so that it melts a little, but still has texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pan of well-salted oil to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- 2Meanwhile, put the olive oil, garlic and chilli in a saute pan and heat slowly until it just starts to sizzle. This ensures that the oil gets infused with the garlic and chilli flavour, rather than just burning.
- 3Add the wine to the pan and reduce the heat. Reduce slightly.
- 4In a separate pan, dry-fry the cured ham until crispy (or do it under the grill).
- 5Just before the pasta is ready, add the prawns to the garlic and chilli mix and stir until pink.
- 6Drain the linguine, reserving a little of the water and add the pasta to the prawn mix. Stir well to coat. If necessary, use a little of the pasta water.
- 7Turn off the heat and stir through the basil, Parmesan and ham.
- 8Season and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn Pasta With Garlic and Chilli
Serving Size: 1 (524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1084.6
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 273.4 mg
- Sodium 1643.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 50.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: