Recipe by KitchenManiac
This is a great and quick meal. Wow your guest, they will think that you have slaved over this for ages.
Top Review by Sue Lau
Overall a good dish, although the lime juice dominated the flavor and may have been too much. An addition of fish sauce helped to balance that out somewhat. I substituted shrimp for the prawns since I didn't have those. Also, I think it is best to shell the prawns/shrimp completely, as the tails were a little clumsy. The peanuts at the end of the dish were a nice touch! Thanks!
- 200 g rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 large red chilies, chopped
- 25 medium green raw prawns, peeled,leaving just tail
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice or 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 40 g bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the rice stick noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Allow to soak till soft.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat 1 tablepsoon of the oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add the eggs, swirl, stir gently and cook until just set.
- Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil, ginger and chilli to the wok and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the prawns and cook for 3 minutes or till they start to turn pinkish.
- Add the noodles, lemon juice, fish sauce and sugar and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Toss through the cooked egg, beansprouts and green onions/scallions.
- Serve IMMEDIATELY, sprinkled with the peanuts.
- You can add more peanuts if you like it crunchier.