This is a great and quick meal. Wow your guest, they will think that you have slaved over this for ages.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 large red chilies, chopped
- 25 medium green raw prawns, peeled,leaving just tail
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 40 g bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1Place the rice stick noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- 2Allow to soak till soft.
- 3Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 4Heat 1 tablepsoon of the oil in a wok over high heat.
- 5Add the eggs, swirl, stir gently and cook until just set.
- 6Remove from the wok and set aside.
- 7Add the remaining oil, ginger and chilli to the wok and cook for 1 minute.
- 8Add the prawns and cook for 3 minutes or till they start to turn pinkish.
- 9Add the noodles, lemon juice, fish sauce and sugar and cook for another 3 minutes.
- 10Toss through the cooked egg, beansprouts and green onions/scallions.
- 11Serve IMMEDIATELY, sprinkled with the peanuts.
- 12You can add more peanuts if you like it crunchier.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.6
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 140.2 mg
- Sodium 1050.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 12.5 g