Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a great and quick meal. Wow your guest, they will think that you have slaved over this for ages.
- 200 g rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 large red chilies, chopped
- 25 medium green raw prawns, peeled,leaving just tail
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice or 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 40 g bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Place the rice stick noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Allow to soak till soft.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat 1 tablepsoon of the oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add the eggs, swirl, stir gently and cook until just set.
- Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil, ginger and chilli to the wok and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the prawns and cook for 3 minutes or till they start to turn pinkish.
- Add the noodles, lemon juice, fish sauce and sugar and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Toss through the cooked egg, beansprouts and green onions/scallions.
- Serve IMMEDIATELY, sprinkled with the peanuts.
- You can add more peanuts if you like it crunchier.
Overall a good dish, although the lime juice dominated the flavor and may have been too much. An addition of fish sauce helped to balance that out somewhat. I substituted shrimp for the prawns since I didn't have those. Also, I think it is best to shell the prawns/shrimp completely, as the tails were a little clumsy. The peanuts at the end of the dish were a nice touch! Thanks!
I liked this recipe but I made a slight change I left out the nuts as I did not have any in the cupboard and I added a big bunch of chopped fresh coriander. To me fish sauce chilli lime and coriander just go together.
This was relatively easy to prepare and we just loved the flavors bursting out of this dish. We will have often!