Recipe by Brian Holley
This is a new world recipe from Australia. Who would have thought that they could come up with such a wonderful dish. If you can't afford the lobster use prawns.
- 4 ounces ghee (clarified butter)
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb lobsters or 1 lb prawns, cooked and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plum jam
Directions See How It's Made
- melt the ghee, fry the onions and garlic till golden brown.
- Add the ginger, chilli, curry powder and tomatoes, cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- stir to prevent burning or sticking.
- Stir in the flour and coconut milk, stir till boilling, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cucumber cook for 15 minutes.
- Add prawns, lemon juice and jam, stir.
- when prawns are hot SERVE.