Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 pint milk
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- 4 peppercorns
- 2 ounces plain flour
- 4 ounces carrots, julienned
- 4 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 4 ounces French beans, cut into 3 inch lengths
- 12 ounces prawns
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground mace
- 8 ounces twisted pasta, cooked
- Place milk in saucepan with onions, carrot, celery, bay leaves, cloves and peppercorns.
- Bring just below boiling point, remove from heat and cover.
- Leave for atleast 30 minutes for the flavors to infuse.
- Strain and reserve the milk.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- beat in strained milk.
- Bring to boil, stirring throughout and cook for 2-3 minutes until sauce is smooth and thick.
- Add carrots, broccoli, red pepper, beans, prawns with salt and mace.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes until its piping hot and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with pasta.
- If you use fresh rather than frozen vegetables, blanch first in boiling, slated water for 3-5 minutes, drain well hen use.