Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a highly rich dish that is delicately flavoured and enhanced with coconut milk.
Top Review by Fouzia Parkar
friday is a special day and it becomes even more special when u get to eat such tasty food. really chair everyone enjoyed it at home. the best part was it was very quick and easy to make. i liked the coconut flavor a lot. it gave a very rich taste, u know the "shahi" type :)
- 500 g prawns (shelled, deveined and washed)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small potato, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup peas, frozen
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped green coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and saute onions in a pan.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Put in the garlic paste, cumin, corriander, turmeric, chilli and garam masala powder and fry for a minute.
- Add the prawns, potatoes and peas.
- Mix well and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix the coconut milk powder in 1/2 cup of water and add to the pan.
- Add salt and cover the pot and cook on slow heat for 10 minutes.
- till the potatoes are done.
- Sprinkle the corriander and serve with rotis.
- Serve immediately!