Recipe by twissis
This so easy-to-fix & lovely salad is from the Australian Women's Weekly *Best Seafood Recipes* cookbook. I see it as an ideal luncheon entree or the perfect starter salad course for a spec romantic dinner for 2, but it can be expanded easily to serve 4 (Time does not include time to cook & cool prawns). *Enjoy*
Top Review by IngridH
What a wonderful, light, refreshing salad this is! perfect for lunch on a hot summer afternoon. I made as written except for cutting the shrimp to 9 ounces, and served three of us. For the salad greens, I used baby spinach. I worried about the lemon overpowering the delicate shrimp, but the slight sweetness of the lemony dressing was a perfect match for the sweet/salty taste of the shrimp. With a glass of crisp white wine and a slice of good artisan bread, this is the perfect summer meal. Made for ZWT8
- 13 ounces prawns (cooked, cooled, shelled, deveined & tails left intact)
- 1 large mango (sliced)
- 2 ounces macadamia nuts
- 2 cups bibb lettuce (or mixed salad greens)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For Dressing: Combine ingredients in a sml jar & shake well.
- For Salads: Put 1 cup lettuce or mixed greens on 2 salad plates. Top ea salad w/an equal amt of the mango slices & prawns.
- Scatter half of the Macadamia nuts on ea salad. Shake dressing again, drizzle half of it on ea salad & serve immediately.