Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious, filling salad from the book Taste by Sybil Kapoor. It's supposed to feed 4 as a light lunch but DH and I have had this between us for dinner. Try it - you will love it! BTW, the preparation time is a guesstimate. I can't remember how long it has taken me in the past.
- 450 g raw king prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus
- 2 limes, halved
- 1 -2 small red chile, finely diced,to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small ripe mangoes
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 115 g mixed salad greens
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 small ripe avocados
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry the prawns quickly on both sides until pink; Add 2 tablespoons of lime juice, tip into a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together 2 tbsp lime juice and 6 tbsp of olive oil; season with salt and pepper and fresh chillies; Mix half the dressing into the prawns.
- Peel each mango and cut its flesh away from the stone in four segments and finely slice each segment lengthways; Place in a bowl with the red onion and salad leaves.
- Halve, stone and peel the avocados, then slice them lengthways; Add the remaining dressing before mixing into the salad with the prawns.
- Garnish with the lime and serve immediately.