Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Costco recipe magazine, posted for safe keeping.
Make and share this Prawn Kebabs With Gold Pineapple and Lime Marinade recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw prawns, peeled deveined
- 10 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 1 large red onion, peeled, sliced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 11/2 inch pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced into 3/4 inch thick wedges
- To prepare the marinade, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to blend.
- Pour 2/3 cup marinade over the prawns, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Assemble the kebebs, starting with a piece of onion, and alternate with the prawns, bell pepper, and pineapple, leaving 1/2 inch of skewer showing at either end.
- Grill the kebabs on medium high heat, basting with the reserved marinade until the prawns are opaque and fully cooked, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with a side dish of wild rice or garlic mashed potatoes.