Recipe by Tea Girl
A warm comforting dish that came from inspiration of a box of black rice and some leftover frozen prawns. It is rather quick and easy but doesn't taste like it! Not at all low fat but you have to spoil yourself sometimes! :) Goes great with Forbidden rice risotto, but would be nice on top of pasta as well.
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g prawns or 250 g jumbo shrimp, raw
- 2 large zucchini, cut in small cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pan on medium high heat and add prawns. Cook for about a minute.
- Add the zucchini, garlic, and sherry and saute, stirring, for about 4 to 5 minutes until zucchini is crisp-tender and prawns cooked through.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a small pan and heat the cream until steaming.
- Stir in the Gorgonzola cheese until it melts; add the nutmeg, salt and pepper (TASTE IT FIRST! It might be salty enough depending on the gorgonzola you use).
- Pour sauce over zucchini and prawns and serve immediately with a rice dish or with pasta.