Recipe by ozzygirl
A very tasty creamy pasta dish, good for cooking when you have company. Be careful though, you may have too much fettucine per sauce quantity so if this is the case, do not use all the fettucine as it will take away the richness of the sauce. Another alternative is to use rice as the base rather than the pasta.
- 750 g peeled uncooked large shrimp
- 1 bunch spring onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150 -200 ml thickened cream
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock or 1⁄4 cup fish stock or 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, mixed with
- cold water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- 300 -500 g fresh fettuccine
- fresh parmesan cheese, to serve on top fettuccine pasta
- 4 -6 dinner rolls, oven baked
Directions See How It's Made
- Put fettucine on to boil in water with some oil and salt. Should not take long to cook.
- In a large frying pan, saute onion garlic and spring onions until soft.
- Add prawns and toss through until cooked.
- Add white wine and stock and mix through.
- Add cream slowly, mixing through until you get desired quantity but not too much otherwise it will taste of all cream.
- Add cornflour to thicken the cream sauce.
- Check fettucine is ready and drain if ready.
- Add more crushed garlic to cream sauce if you think it needs more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large dish add hald fettucine and half the sauce and mix through. Then add the other half of the fettucine and the other half of the sauce and mix through.
- Serve with grated or shaved parmesan cheese on top and warm oven baked dinner rolls.