Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Versatile patties that can be made smaller for finger food, or larger for meals with salad, snacks, lunch boxes. This delicious recipe comes from Better Homes & Gardens.
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water, chilled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, small, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 500 g green prawns, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red chili pepper, small- finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- PUT THE FLOUR, sour cream,egg,water, salt & pepper in a food processor, and process until mixture comes together.
- Shape into a round,wrap in baking paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line oven tray with baking paper.
- TO MAKE FILLING: heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, sauté 3 minutes.
- Add garlic cumin, prawn, tomato, chili, & coriander.
- Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until tomato juices have almost evaporated.
- Remove pan from heat & stand to cool.
- ROLL OUT DOUGH: between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick.
- Use a 12cm round cutter to cut 12 rounds.
- Put a heaped Tblsp of filling in the centre of each round.
- FOLD PASTRY: over filling to form a semi circle.
- Press edges together with a fork.
- Put on prepared tray, brush with milk.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden.
- SERVE with corn & green chili relish, or any salad of your choice or any tasty salsa.