Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy to prepare recipe, tastes good and is popular.
Make and share this Prawn Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg raw deveined prawns
- 2 bunches spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or to own taste)
- 4 -5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 50 g mulligatawny curry powder (spices of the orient brand)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Put oil in large pot on high heat.
- When VERY hot, sauté onion and garlic, then ADD Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix curry powder in approximately 1 cup of water; ad to onion mix. Reduce heat and let simmer for approximately 30 minutes, stirring so that mixture doesn't stick to pan. ADD prawns and more water if needed; let simmer until prawns are cooked.
- SERVE HOT WITH HOT COOKED RICE.
This was very yummy! I kept to written recipe, I'm not sure if I have done this right, because it was not a creamy curry, it was more like a dry curry, however it tasted wonderful. Served it with pasta (instead of rice because I was out voted, Hubby and Little Miss (DD) wanted pasta). Thank you jenny butt for posting your recipe.
Jen, this was brilliant! I added a dollop of sour cream each and had no spring onions, so used half an onion chopped, instead. Yum!
Yum Jenny, this was really good! If there was any drawback it does need some good temperature control to get a great result, it wouldn't be a good recipe for anyone's first attempt with curry / seafood.