Recipe by Young cook ellie
The classic dish, loved the world over. This recipe comes from Nigella Lawson, and really is a lot simpler then you might think to prepare.
Top Review by SarasotaCook
It was a nice recipe. Made a wonderful lunch. I happen to have the salad cream for another recipe I made recently, so this was perfect. A nice simple dish.
Thx, Made for PAC 2011
- 450 g small peeled cooked prawns
- 200 g salad cream
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 heads little gem lettuce
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure the prawns are drained well of their briny liquid.
- Mix the salad cream, ketchup, lemon juice and Tabasco in a bowl.
- Tip in the prawns and mix to coat them in the Marie-Rose sauce.
- Finally shred the lettuce, and arrange as a bed on six small plates or shallow bowls.
- Divide the prawns in their sauce on the centre of each plate in a kind of pyramid, and then scatter with roughly crushed peppercorns or dust with paprika.
- As long as the prawns were properly thawed and drained before you started immersing them in their famous coral pink sauce, it does not matter if they sit for a good few hours in the fridge before being dolloped out onto their lettuce-lined dishes.