Young cook ellie's Note:
The classic dish, loved the world over. This recipe comes from Nigella Lawson, and really is a lot simpler then you might think to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make sure the prawns are drained well of their briny liquid.
- 2Mix the salad cream, ketchup, lemon juice and Tabasco in a bowl.
- 3Tip in the prawns and mix to coat them in the Marie-Rose sauce.
- 4Finally shred the lettuce, and arrange as a bed on six small plates or shallow bowls.
- 5Divide the prawns in their sauce on the centre of each plate in a kind of pyramid, and then scatter with roughly crushed peppercorns or dust with paprika.
- 6As long as the prawns were properly thawed and drained before you started immersing them in their famous coral pink sauce, it does not matter if they sit for a good few hours in the fridge before being dolloped out onto their lettuce-lined dishes.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn Cocktail
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.4
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 520.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: