Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Recipes+, January 2012
FOR PRAWN CAKES
- 400 g frozen peeled raw prawns, thawed
- 1 small red chili, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 egg white
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- romaine lettuce, cut into wedges to serve (cos lettuce)
FOR CUCUMBER RELISH
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Prepare cucumber relish: Place vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Cool before serving.
- Prepare prawn cakes: pulse prawns, chili, garlic and ginger in food processor until smooth. Add egg white and pulse again until combined. Season and fold in onion.
- Create slightly flattened balls with tablespoons of mixture.
- Cook cakes for 2 minutes on each side in oil over medium heat.