Recipe by **Jubes**
Easy to prepare and simple to cook. A great entree or a simple dish to serve as part of a buffet. Serve hot with some dipping sauce. To cut down on preparation time you can use a food processor to chop and mix everything from start to finish- the texture will be finer (add 1 extra tablespoon of cornflour). For a gluten free diet ensure the cornflour used is GF. Should the mixture be too wet....add more cornstarch (cornflour) until balls can be formed. Use wet hands if required to roll.
Top Review by Peter J
Mmmm these were great! I was using green prawns that had been frozen and the water content looked high so I laid them flat in a Chinese scoop and gave them two hours in an oven with the door ajar (scoop handle) on the lowest temperature to remove the excess moisture. That left them with the slightly moist but sticky feel of fresh prawns and I think is really worthwhile when using frozen prawns.
- 500 g raw prawns, shelled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 2 tablespoons if using food processor (cornflour)
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine or 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg