Recipe by Hannelu
This is a very satisfying summer salat and can be served as a main meal.
Top Review by Lori Mama
I really enjoyed this salad. Came together in a snap. I did adjust amounts to serve myself, which resulted in a two serving size. I also subbed in parsley for the coriander, as I don't care much for it. :)
- 250 g couscous
- 4 shallots, trimmed and chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 16 cooked prawns, peeled, deveined
- 1 large avocado, halved, peeled, stone removed and chopped
- 2 limes, juice and zest of, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cous cous in a heatproof bowl.
- Add 2 cups (500ml)warm water and set aside for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Use a fork to separate the grains.
- Cut prawns lengthwise.
- Stir in the shallots, tomatoes, coriander, prawns and avocado.
- To make the lime dressing, combine the lime rind and juice, honey, oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over the cous cous mixture and toss well to serve.
- Once avocados are cut, squeeze some lemon juice over the flesh.
- This helps prevent the flesh from darkening when exposed to the air.