Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favourite appetizer especially at Christmas. It is really easy to make also. Amounts are a bit give and take depending on tastes and whether you like lots of sauce (which I do) etc. I haven't yet tried it with brandy, but have heard it is nice. Will be trying this year.
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 avocados
- 500 g prawns
- 1 cup ketchup (chili ketchup is quite nice)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (light is ok)
- Tabasco sauce
- brandy (optional)
- Shred lettuce.
- Peel and cut avocado in fan like shapes.
- Mix ketchup, mayonnaise, Tabasco and brandy together until an even pink colour.
- Mix prawns into sauce, approx a handful per person.
- Serve on top of lettuce with avocado on side of plate.
I adapted this a litle and just had prawns on avocado with the sauce. It's a very yummy sauce and so simple. I used extra light mayonaise and it worked great. Thanks for posting. Miss Pixie x x x :)